- Separate CI and CD – Use asynchronous pipelines: I should try and implement this one in my pipelines.
- Your base CI should be your Dockerfile: This also interesting but it is less interesting when you CI/CD system support containers.
- Build only once / Move away from GitFlow: Should explore Trunk-Based Flow
- Verify integrity – use signatures or digests: Need to integrate this into the pipeline too.
- Keep it DRY – use templating tools: Speaks of itself
- Do your best to not block developers and fail fast: same
- Track DevOps metrics: Should start doing more of this